Somerville's Logistics Services cover all aspects and contingencies through the entire logistics process to ensure the consistent on-time delivery of your order. The management of IT stock is becoming increasingly challenging due to rapid technology change and the rate at which new products supersede the current models. Somerville's services include:
- Stock on demand, held in appropriate locations
- Streamlined purchasing options - purchase by the unit
- Managed logistics - hands-off shipment to site
- Pre-staging of equipment, asset tagging, lead tagging
- Product retirement notification
- Warranty management
- Warranty Call Centre and in-house service department
- Eases long term capacity planning through better trending
- Professional account management
Our IT Stock Management Solutions allow our customers to effectively manage their IT stock requirements without cashflow exposure. This enables the planning of extended deployment and staged upgrades in a cost effective manner. The Somerville Stock Management solution is a key facility when planning routine hardware upgrade projects. Whether it's a small single location or large multi-site project, Somerville can build a stock management solution that will save you both time and money. Our methodology ensures that:
- Minimum stock levels are maintained in appropriate locations.
- Minimum stock levels are automatically advised for reorder.
- Customers are advised of pending technology changes, and can therefore plan for changes in SOE, and reduce or eliminate business interruption.
- Service levels are maintained.
- A key focus of the engagement process is establishing procurement plans in conjunction with our customers to ensure capacity forecasting is undertaken to provide timely delivery of hardware and software.
- Extended fixed pricing models negotiated on the customer's behalf.
- Serial number and warranty management.
The solutions include a regular reporting regime and account management engagements to maintain discussion with the customer to ensure that stock levels are in line with forecasted usage, and that technology and specification changes are identified and addressed.